radiusplugin-devel

[Radiusplugin-devel] Plugin does not appear respect the UDP authport par

From: Josh Green
Subject: [Radiusplugin-devel] Plugin does not appear respect the UDP authport parameter in the radiusplugin.cnf file
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2017 23:26:52 +0100

Hi all,

I have successfully gotten the radiusplugin to work on my raspberry pi running Debian Jessie 8.0 and freeradius.

However, I discovered that it is not honouring the authport parameter in the config file. I discovered this because I actually have a chain of radius servers running on the box in order to do Duo two factor authentication.  They are both running on the same box, but on different ports.

I found that regardless of the port I specified, my traffic was going to port 1812 of my second and skipping my specified intermediate radius server running on 18121. So I specified a gibberish port (38736).  My freeradius server still received the request, on 1812.

Finally, when I took a “if you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em approach” and flipped the ports around so that my first server was on 1812 and the second was on 18121, the authentication worked; again regardless of what I specified in the config file for the plugin.

The parameter is NOT commented out.

Any thoughts on why this behavior is occurring?

Thanks in advance,

Josh