qexo-general

[Qexo-general] re-written path support

From: Per Bothner
Subject: [Qexo-general] re-written path support
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2003 23:34:10 -0700

I've checked in to cvs the initial cut of my path expression
re-write.  Most path expressions should now be implemented,
and work correctly.  Specifically, all the standard XQuery
axes are implemented (the XPath-only ones like following-sibling::
will be added also).  The position() function should now work
generally.  The '.' and '..' abbreviated syntax works.

A bunch more of the W3C "use cases" now work and have been added
to the test suite.

On the other hand, the code will probably run slower, because
the previous optimization are no longer happening.  I'll work
on that soon, as I have time.
--
        --Per Bothner
address@hidden   http://per.bothner.com/