qemu-riscv

Re: [RFC v2 75/76] target/riscv: gdb: support vector registers for rv64

From: Alex Bennée
Subject: Re: [RFC v2 75/76] target/riscv: gdb: support vector registers for rv64
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2020 12:31:20 +0100

Richard Henderson <richard.henderson@linaro.org> writes:

> On 7/22/20 2:16 AM, frank.chang@sifive.com wrote:
>> +    if (env->misa & RVV) {
>> +        /* TODO: support vlen other than 128, 256, 512 bits. */
>> +        const char *vector_xml_name = NULL;
>> +        switch (cpu->cfg.vlen) {
>> +        case 128:
>> +            vector_xml_name = "riscv-64bit-vector-128b.xml";
>> +            break;
>> +        case 256:
>> +            vector_xml_name = "riscv-64bit-vector-256b.xml";
>> +            break;
>> +        case 512:
>> +            vector_xml_name = "riscv-64bit-vector-512b.xml";
>> +            break;
>> +        default:
>> +            vector_xml_name = NULL;
>> +            break;
>> +        }
>
> I guess this is ok as-is, but consider mirroring
> arm_gen_dynamic_svereg_xml().

Longer term I would personally prefer us centralising the dynamic
building of XML to a gdbstub utility function. The eventual long term aim
would be for guests to register(!) their set of additional registers
with the central core code in a more useful form so we can also expose
them to the plugins system which will most likely not want to inflict
XML on the plugins ;-)

--
Alex Bennée