[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [Qemu-riscv] [PULL] RISC-V Patches for 4.2-rc2

From: Alistair Francis
Subject: Re: [Qemu-riscv] [PULL] RISC-V Patches for 4.2-rc2
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2019 09:16:15 -0700

On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 4:11 AM Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Jul 2019 at 12:03, Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:
> > This passes the 'make check' tests but it prints out a lot
> > of warnings as it does so:
> >
> > qemu-system-riscv64: warning: No -bios option specified. Not loading a 
> > firmware.
> > qemu-system-riscv64: warning: This default will change in QEMU 4.3.
> > Please use the -bios option to aviod breakages when this happens.
> > qemu-system-riscv64: warning: See QEMU's deprecation documentation for 
> > details
> >
> > (repeated 7 or 8 times during the course of a test run)
> >
> > Can we make the tests not trigger warnings, please?
> > (I have a filter where I search through for strings like
> > "warning" because warnings that shouldn't happen often don't
> > actually cause the tests to fail.)
> Forgot to mention, but a common way to do this is to say
> "don't print the warnings about bios image loading if
> qtest_enabled(), because with qtest we never execute any
> guest code anyway". That will probably fix the warnings here.

Testing my patch now, I'll send it out today.

> > Also, I notice that you have a typo: "aviod" should be "avoid".


> Also also, the warning message mentions "QEMU 4.3", but our
> versioning system bumps the major version every year, so
> the pending release is 4.1, the next one will be 4.2, and
> then the release after that will be 5.0 because it will be the
> first release in 2020.

I just dropped the version number in the warning message.


> (Plus, your merge commit message says this pullreq is
> for 4.2-rc2, which is a typo for 4.1-rc2 I assume.)
> Since this pullreq does pass the tests, and rc2 is not far off
> now (Tuesday), I think my suggestion is that I'll apply this
> as-is, and we should fix up the issues with the warning messages
> as a followup patch. I think that's better than holding this
> out of master and making it risk missing rc2.
> thanks
> -- PMM

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]