qemu-ppc

qemu/powernv: coreboot support?

From: Marty E. Plummer
Subject: qemu/powernv: coreboot support?
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 12:28:29 -0500

Hello,

First off, thank you for the work you've done on the ppc64 support, it
has been very useful. I'm currently working on a coreboot port for the
talos ii line of systems (which means more ppc64 support, support
specifically for the power9 sforza chip, and specific mainboard support.
My plate is very full lol) and have been using qemu to debug the
bootblock.

It has been very useful for that, but I'm now at the point where I need
to jump to romstage, and that's where it gets tricky. qemu parses the rom
image and looks for a ffs header, locates skiboot on it, and jumps straight
to that. Not exactly ideal for debugging something not produced from op-build.

Do you think it would be within your wheelhouse to provide a generic, non-ffs
pnor interface for loading arbitary rom images? It would be of great help if
you could. (This would still hopefully have the bmc support code as
well, as I'm still needing to support a system using one).

Regards,
Marty