qemu-ppc

Re: [Qemu-ppc] 2x-3x tcg performance regression on ppc64 (maybe others)

From: Howard Spoelstra
Subject: Re: [Qemu-ppc] 2x-3x tcg performance regression on ppc64 (maybe others)
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2019 09:37:39 +0100

On Fri, Feb 1, 2019 at 11:54 PM Cleber Rosa <address@hidden> wrote:
While working on the "boot_linux_console.py" tests, after a given
rebase, I noticed that the ppc64 specific test began timing out.  The
original timeout set to the test was 60 seconds, and it "always" had
room to spare when running either on my system, or on Travis CI.

Hi,

As reported on IRC on 31-01, performance loss also occurs with qemu-system-ppc:
"I noticed a substantial performance loss (~35% in processor benchmark) in qemu-system-ppc running Mac OS 9.2. Bisecting shows that https://github.com/qemu/qemu/commit/f7b78602fdc6c6e4befc90159da8e93900b4bcb1 introduces the issue. Reverting brings performance back."

Best,
Howard