qemu-ppc

Re: [Qemu-ppc] [Qemu-devel] Bad icount read when running qemu-system-ppc

From: Richard Henderson
Subject: Re: [Qemu-ppc] [Qemu-devel] Bad icount read when running qemu-system-ppc64 and mfspr atbu guest instruction
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2018 09:39:47 +1000

On 04/12/2018 04:18 AM, Darrell Leinwand wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I enable icount using an e5500 core I get an exit with “Bad icount
> read” when the guest software executes a load atbu command.

Yep, it looks like there are some bugs in the ppc front end wrt icount.

In target/ppc/translate_init.c, spr_read_tbu has the proper wrappers for
integrating with icount, but a few lines lower spr_read_atbl and spr_read_atbu
do not.

This will probably have to wait until the 2.13 cycle to fix...

r~

PS:

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this e-mail and any
> accompanying documents may contain information that is confidential,
> proprietary to Performance Software, or otherwise protected from disclosure.
> If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if this message has
> been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply
> e-mail and then delete this message, including any attachments. Any
> dissemination, distribution or other use of the contents of this message by
> anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.

You really should strip this from your signature when posting to a public list.