qemu-ppc

Re: [Qemu-ppc] device crash test -- isa-fdc on ppc64/powernv

From: Philippe Mathieu-Daudé
Subject: Re: [Qemu-ppc] device crash test -- isa-fdc on ppc64/powernv
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2017 21:43:43 -0300

Hi,

[...]
>> PMD, is this fix in your queue?

I just sent it (still not sure this is what Eduardo expected):
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2017-10/msg03769.html

This is not related to your isa-fdc bug however.

I just noticed this patch thread and from John mail:
"the way we assign IRQs to ISA devices is kind of simple and not
trivial to undo correctly"
(https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2017-09/msg00347.html)

I also hit this in my series "remove i386/pc dependency from non-PC world".
So far I plan to send my work in 4 parts, the ISA bus codebase would
end PC-agnostic.

My current problem is indeed inter-devices IRQ circular dependencies,
solved in the Malta board using qemu_irq_proxy(). Then not sure yet
how to unrealize them :)

Regards,

Phil.