qemu-ppc

[Qemu-ppc] New dev: lwarx nondeterminism in panda record/replay

From: Ray Wang
Subject: [Qemu-ppc] New dev: lwarx nondeterminism in panda record/replay
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2017 14:23:41 -0400

Hi all,

I am developing PPC record/replay for panda

I am encountering an issue where the atomic compare-and-swap using lwarx/stwcx is a source of nondeterminism during replay. The second bne- sometimes takes different branches during record and replay, so I am investigating why this is the case and whether I need to write this to a record log.

Can you point out what helper functions lwarx uses to reserve memory locations, and what may be causing the reservation to be lost nondeterministically?

Thanks.