qemu-ppc

Re: [Qemu-ppc] Building Qemu with gcc4.0?

From: Programmingkid
Subject: Re: [Qemu-ppc] Building Qemu with gcc4.0?
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2017 12:59:08 -0500

On Mar 5, 2017, at 12:00 PM, address@hidden wrote:

> I?m trying to build Qemu with gcc 4.0 on Mac OS X Sierra, but for some season
> configure responds with
>
> export CC="/usr/bin/gcc-4.0"
> ../qemu/configure --target-list=ppc-softmmu
>
> ERROR: "/usr/bin/gcc-4.0" either does not exist or does not work
>
> gcc4.0 seems to work:
>
> /usr/bin/gcc-4.0 --version
> i686-apple-darwin10-gcc-4.0.1 (GCC) 4.0.1 (Apple Inc. build 5493)
>
> Anyone know how I should be doing this?

One, why use such an old version of gcc? It was supplied with Xcode, that was
during the Mac OS 10.4 days.

Two, gcc 4.0.1 is not compatible with QEMU anymore. I suggest a much newer
version of gcc. I think version 4.3 is the current minimum, but I highly
suggest something much newer than that. I use gcc 4.9 myself. I think you
should use Clang instead. It probably is already installed on your system.

Remove the "export CC="/usr/bin/gcc-4.0" line when trying to build QEMU. That
should fix things.