qemu-ppc

Re: [Qemu-ppc] [PULL 00/39] ppc-for-2.6 queue 20160129

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-ppc] [PULL 00/39] ppc-for-2.6 queue 20160129
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 11:29:50 +0000

On 31 January 2016 at 23:57, David Gibson <address@hidden> wrote:
> Turns out the answer is because the test for support of #pragma GCC
> diagnostic turns off -Werror on clang builds for me.  So I wonder
> what's different about your setup that -Werror is working with clang.

On OSX warnings are just warnings but part of my test process involves
grepping the log output for 'warning'. On x86 clang I configure with
--extra-cflags=-Werror, to work around the pragma diagnostic check.
(None of the spurious diagnostics we use the pragma to suppress are in
practice a problem on my build.)

thanks
-- PMM