qemu-ppc

[Qemu-ppc] Should we replace the PC/XT layout with PC/AT?

From: Programmingkid
Subject: [Qemu-ppc] Should we replace the PC/XT layout with PC/AT?
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 17:42:40 -0400

QEMU under Mac OS X emulates a PC/XT keyboard. This layout came with the
original IBM PC. It was later replaced by the PC/AT layout when the PS/2 line
came out in 1987.

The PC/XT layout works just fine in Windows 3.1 running in QEMU. This layout
doesn't work well with Mac OS 10.2 and Debian Linux. The caps lock and right
shift key doesn't work under Mac OS 10.2. The caps lock key doesn't work on
Debian Linux. I'm hoping that switching to the PC/AT keyboard layout would fix
any problems with these operating systems.

Is there a good reason why we should keep the PC/XT layout as oppose to
replacing it with the PC/AT keyboard layout?