qemu-ppc

[Qemu-ppc] How to run ppc405ep in ppcemb mode

From: Sijia Li
Subject: [Qemu-ppc] How to run ppc405ep in ppcemb mode
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 12:14:55 +0200

Hi:

It seems like since the QEMU 1.1, board ref405ep has been moved to qemu-system-ppc model, not qemu-system-ppcemb any more. And the timer of powerpc 405ep has been changed to booke style timer, not the old universal timer. That makes some trouble to me, the old assembly can't set the wakeup time to the new timer, so that the timer can interrupt the processor in some time .

Is it possible to run ppc405ep in ppcemb mode, so that I could use the old timer as before?

Regards
Sijia Li

PS: In some reason, I have to use QEMU 1.5 or higher version, so it's impossible to use the old version.