qemu-ppc

[Qemu-ppc] Command key in QEMU

From: Programmingkid
Subject: [Qemu-ppc] Command key in QEMU
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2013 16:49:10 -0400

I have thought a way for the command key to work in QEMU. This method will
allow the user to decide which key they want to designate as the command key.
An option can be added to QEMU that allows the user to set the command key
using a hexadecimal code like this: qemu-system-ppc -command-key 0x37.

There are a lot of different keyboards out in the world. Not only do we have to
consider the keyboards that use ascii keys, but we also need to consider
keyboards that use non-ascii keys. There are chinese, japanese, telugu,
russian, and other keyboards that are made by a lot of different companies for
different systems. Their lettering and layout might be different, but they all
use a value to specify a key. By using a value, we could have any key on the
keyboard be the command key. A user can have one of the function keys act as
the command key if desired.

If there are no issues, I will start on a patch.