qemu-ppc

Re: [Qemu-ppc] [qemuppc] virtex_ml507: Add support for loading kernel uI

From: Elvis Dowson
Subject: Re: [Qemu-ppc] [qemuppc] virtex_ml507: Add support for loading kernel uImage binary.
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 14:28:55 +0200

Hi Alex,

On Jun 8, 2012, at 2:13 PM, Alexander Graf wrote:

>>    memory_region_init_ram(phys_ram, "ram", ram_size);
>>    vmstate_register_ram_global(phys_ram);
>> -    memory_region_add_subregion(address_space_mem, ram_base, phys_ram);
>> +    memory_region_add_subregion(address_space_mem, loadaddr, phys_ram);
>
> What does the ram offset have to do with the uimage load base?
>

>> +        /* Boot a kernel uImage binary. */
>> +        kernel_size = load_uimage(kernel_filename, &entry, &loadaddr, NULL);
>> +
>
> In the uImage case we don't have to set bootstrap_pc? :)

Is there some document somewhere on setting the bootstrap_pc?

Adding the above changes allowed me to load the uImage, and qemu-system-ppc
boots partially and gets stuck with the message VFS: Cannot open root device
"hda"
or unknown-block(2,0), as stated in an email I sent across to the list earlier.

So, if I can learn a bit more about the boot process in QEMU, it would be great.

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson