Loosing network / Internet on reboot. Have to toggle the NIC to get netw

From: Jay Lepore
Subject: Loosing network / Internet on reboot. Have to toggle the NIC to get networking operational again
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2023 13:45:30 -0700

So here's my problem.

If we reboot our host server the VM's come back up fine but we have no Internet on the VM even though the host does have Internet.

Rebooting the VM does not cure the problem.  Still no Internet.  Shutting the VM OFF and then starting we still have no Internet.

The only hack / cure we have found is to shut the VM OFF and then using virt-manager toggle the network adapter to a different adapter.  Then like magic we start the VM and and we have Internet.

We have this problem on a few different client servers but can't figure out why or how to resolve it.  Has anyone else encountered this problem?

I have created a video for our client so they know how to fix it when it happens but this will also make the problem clear to the group.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc9MkVI6g40

What sayeth the group?

--
Sincerely,

Jay
Jay Lepore
CompuMatter
Office: 360 299 2428 | Cell: 360 202 0434
If you are satisfied with your service, please consider providing us a social media review at https://compumatter.com/reviews
...If you are not, please let me know so I can make it better