Re: Invalid accelerator kvm / error: kvm run failed Function not impleme

From: Mario Marietto
Subject: Re: Invalid accelerator kvm / error: kvm run failed Function not implemented ERRORS trying to virtualize a guest OS on the ARM Chromebook running with a relatively recent kernel version and KVM enabled
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2023 15:32:21 +0200

I've thought to compile it directly on the devuan 4 installed on the ARM chromebook.

On Fri, Aug 11, 2023 at 3:20 PM Валентин <val15032008@mail.ru> wrote:
Hello, I tried to compile executable for Arm64 some time ago.

There is no special branch of QEMU for Arm hosts, you just need to find a toolchain to cross-compile for Arm.

Try to look at Linaro site, they have complete cross-configured GCC toolchains.

And then try script like this (note the LINARO_PATH variable, it should point to toolchain's bin directory):

#!/bin/sh
export LINARO_PATH="/linaro121_64/bin"
export ARCH="arm"
export LINARO_HOST="$ARCH-none-linux-gnueabihf"
export CROSS_COMPILE="$LINARO_PATH/$LINARO_HOST-"
export PATH="$PATH:$LINARO_PATH"
./configure --host=$LINARO_HOST \
--cc="$CROSS_COMPILE"gcc \
--target-list=x86_64-softmmu \
--cpu=$ARCH --with-coroutine=sigaltstack \
--cross-prefix=$CROSS_COMPILE \
--disable-plugins --disable-containers --disable-vhost-user --disable-libvduse --disable-tpm --disable-attr --disable-malloc-trim --disable-oss --disable-iconv \
--extra-cflags="" \
--extra-ldflags=""

In short, you'll need to disable everything for a start, configure and see if you have a minimal set of development libraries, needed to compile QEMU (at least Glib, pixman and probably SDL2 if you won't connect via VNC).
The configure script will tell you if some libraries are missing.

If configure will succeed, try to "make".
And maybe you'll need to add "--static" configure option (I didn't try it because my setup needs shared libraries).

With best regards,
Valentine.

--
Mario.