virtio socket accessible from unprivilsed docker on a vm

From: daggs
Subject: virtio socket accessible from unprivilsed docker on a vm
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2023 17:21:21 +0200

Greetings,

first, feel free to point me to another location incase this is the wrong place
to ask.

I have a qemu + kvm vm with a docker server inside of it. each running docker
is a unprivileged one.
I want to communicate with the vm from within each docker, from what I know,
unprivileged docker doesn't
allow access to dev nodes, meaning virtio console is out of the question.
I wanted to know if I write a C program that connects to the vm's virtio socket
and run it from each docker, will it work?

Thanks.

Dagg