Question about disabling huge pages using qemu arguments

From: Nada Lachtar
Subject: Question about disabling huge pages using qemu arguments
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2023 15:38:34 -0400

Hello,

I would like to ask if it’s possible to launch a qemu VM machine using
qemu-system-x86_64 with disabling the usage of huge pages. I can see when i use
“info mem” and “info tlb” that there are different page sizes, and would like
to standardize the page size for my VM to 4KB. I have see different
configuration online such as using the (-mem-path /dev/null) argument or
(default_hugepagesz=never). But these arguments don’t seem to disable the huge
pages for my machine. I am using qemu 7.2 built from source.

I would appreciate any help on this,

Thanks,

Nada