raspi3b - dumpdtb

From: Little Tree
Subject: raspi3b - dumpdtb
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2023 18:13:11 +0530

I am using QEMU 6.2.0 to emulate raspi3b (Raspberry Pi 3b). I have used the following command to dump the DTB. It is neither terminating nor dumping the DTB.

$ qemu-system-aarch64 -machine raspi3b,dumpdtb=test.dtb
VNC server running on 127.0.0.1:5900

If I change the machine to 'virt' as shown below, it dumps the DTB and exits. May I know the reason for this? How can I dump the DTB of the raspi3b machine?

$qemu-system-aarch64 -machine virt,dumpdtb=test.dtb
qemu-system-aarch64: info: dtb dumped to test.dtb. Exiting.

Thanks a lot,
  Little