RE: schedule() or scheduler_tick() not called during qemu run

From: Chan Kim
Subject: RE: schedule() or scheduler_tick() not called during qemu run
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 00:05:07 +0900

Just to let you know I solved this boot problem by
1. adding gic initialization in u-boot (using CONFIG_GICV3),
2. adding code to power up GICR (percpu) using GICR_PWRR register.
3. and enabling system counter(FREQ value, enable), and EL1 physical timer
(TVAL, enable, interrupt mask setting)
This made uart interrupt and timer interrupt working hence the scheduler by
timer and the shell program.
It turned out u-boot should do these things. (arm reference software's
arm-tf is a good reference and the newest u-boot didn't have these GICR_PWRR
things)
The boot is ok and shell runs ok in the FPGA board.
Hope this helps someone later.

Chan Kim