Re: Status of ARM Cortex-A55 CPU support

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: Status of ARM Cortex-A55 CPU support
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2022 15:27:33 +0100

On Mon, 27 Jun 2022 at 15:11, Patrice Blin <patrice.blin@eshard.com> wrote:
> If I compare the logs (real/emulated), I'm missing,
>  - CPU features: detected: ARM errata 1165522, 1319367, or 1530923
>
> I'm guessing qemu doesn't implement erratas

These are usually printed based on the specific CPU model and
revision/patchlevel -- that is, Cortex-A55 rXpY might have had
an erratum, and the kernel prints that message because this is
A55 rXpY or below. QEMU doesn't emulate the hardware bugs that
particular revisions of the silicon might or might not have had,
so it doesn't matter that the kernel doesn't enable whatever
erratum-workaround code it has.