Seeking Help Installing Qemu-7.0.0

From: Dennis Newbold
Subject: Seeking Help Installing Qemu-7.0.0
Date: Tue, 31 May 2022 22:55:19 -0600

The immediate problem is that when I download the tarball and untar it per the instructions,
then cd to qemu-7.0.0 and do "./configure" I pretty quickly get:

Using './build' as the directory for build output

ERROR: Cannot find Ninja

I do not know what "Ninja" is.  ./configure --help is not particularly helpful, and the web documentation does not even mention the word "ninja" until it is talking about makefiles.
So ... if anyone knows where "Ninja" is or how I can get it, I would be appreciative.

The context / environment is that I am running on Centos 8.  I tried doing "yum install qemu" but that did not help.  Before you say "use Ubuntu" or "use xxxx" - I would very much like to do that, but this is for work, and the client (I am currently working as a contractor) has, for some unknown reason, given me a Centos VM to log into.  And since I am 3 months into a 6 month contract, I don't have a lot of leverage.  BTW, if I were on Ubuntu, after doing "sudo apt-get install qemu" I would also do "sudo apt-get install binfmt-support" because the end goal is to run an arm64 docker image on an x86-64 machine using docker's new mutli-arch container capabilities which uses qemu "under the hood".  Hence, I first need to get qemu, and then (somehow) get the binfmt-support package.

I mention this background info just in case someone reading this knows of a simpler or faster way to get to the end goal.  Much appreciate any help or suggestions from anyone.
I am not subscribed to this mailing list, so please send replies to:

   dennisne@gmail.com

Thx again.

--
   The way to be happy is to be good.