RDTSCP seems to be silently disabled

From: Silvio Moioli
Subject: RDTSCP seems to be silently disabled
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 10:16:45 +0200

Dear QEMU experts,

I am running QEMU 6.2.0 on an Intel Mac with the `-cpu Haswell` flag. Host
supports the RDTSCP instruction as tested by the following snippet:

https://gist.github.com/moio/1f50c268c48c8ece0b1f857838f75dca

It seems, though, that from inside the Linux VM the RDTSCP instruction is not
available (by running the same snippet above).

It was my understanding that `-cpu Haswell` would have implied RDTSCP support.

What am I doing wrong or misunderstanding?

Thanks in advance,
--
Silvio Moioli
SUSE Manager Development Team