Recommended features to enable after --without-default-features?

From: Anders Pitman
Subject: Recommended features to enable after --without-default-features?
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 15:25:51 -0600

I'm using QEMU to run microvms and want to remove as many unnecessary options as possible. Currently the following appears to be sufficient for running my VMs:

./configure \
        --without-default-features \
        --enable-kvm \
        --enable-slirp \
        --target-list=x86_64-softmmu

Looking through the list of options though, I'm wondering if any of them are highly recommended to enable?

For example maybe avx2, avx512f, numa, nvmm, the various vhost-* options, etc?

It's hard for me to guess where where each feature is used in the codebase and whether it will affect performance or functionality.

Thanks,
//anders