Emulating a Raspberry3 on Debian11 using QEMU6.2.0

From: Johannes Zirngibl
Subject: Emulating a Raspberry3 on Debian11 using QEMU6.2.0
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2022 08:35:38 +0100

Hello Guys,

Since last monday i tried to emulate a raspberry pi 3 using Qemu 6.2.0 on my Debian11 system but until now i wasn't able to run it properly. Here is my what i've done so far.

Downloaded the Raspberry OS PI OS Lite (https://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspios_lite_armhf/images/raspios_lite_armhf-2022-01-28/2022-01-28-raspios-bullseye-armhf-lite.zip) into home/Downloads directory and extracted it.

According to the qemu-wiki i used the following commands:

1.) qemu-img create kube-worker-1.img 10G to create a virtual hard disk.

2.) sudo qemu-system-aarch64 -machine raspi3b -drive file=kube-worker-1.img,format=raw -drive- if=none,id=stick,file=/home/john/Downloads/2022-01-28-raspios-bullseye-armhf/2022-01-28-raspios-bullseye-armhf.img,format=raw -device usb-storage,drive=stick -boot c -m 1G

When i hit Enter the QEMU Screen appaers but nothing happens. When i select the "compatmonitor0" and type 'info status' i got the output 'VM Status running'. I checked with the 'ps -ef' command wether there was a process running related to my virtual machine at all, and it was like this.
I spent countless hours trying to find any reference in the qemu-docs, qemu-wiki, and qemu-discussion-archives unfortunately without any effort so far.

I hope you guys can tell me, what i did wrong and what to do to properly run this emulation

Thanks