Pass Through Host Bluetooth on Mac

From: Joseph Zins
Subject: Pass Through Host Bluetooth on Mac
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 00:16:42 -0600

Hi,
Hope you're doing well.

I had a question related to passing through host Bluetooth on my MacBook Pro 2020. How could I figure out what the device is so I can pass it through on the command line? I don't know what command I would use for that, so any insight on that is appreciated too. It seems like it would involve -bt from my extensive research, but I think that's invalid from what I can see. I've tried virt-manager on Mac, but it was difficult to install on Big Sur and I think the command line would be better for this (unless virt-manager can help me figure out the device for doing this). For those suggesting a Bluetooth dongle for this, it's not practical for me to do that as I would otherwise use a third party accessory as it is. Being able to do this would allow me to get away without using it, so I would rather use host Bluetooth. I know I will lose it on the host operating system, but I don't use it for anything that I know of.

Any insight on this is appreciated!

Thanks,
Joe.