how to use blockdev-add in hmp console

From: Jiatong Shen
Subject: how to use blockdev-add in hmp console
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 19:13:24 +0800

Hello community,

  I am reading https://qemu.readthedocs.io/en/latest/interop/live-block-operations.html and try to learn blockdev-add command. I boot a virtual machine with -nographic option and entered hmp interactive console. but when I execute blockdev-add there, it fails with no such command. but on the given website looks like it could successfully translate to a qmp command. My question is how could I execute blockdev-add in hmp? thank you very much for the help.

--

Best Regards,

Jiatong Shen