How to enable NIC multi-queue on qemu?

From: Zhang Zeren
Subject: How to enable NIC multi-queue on qemu?
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 20:05:04 +0800

Hi all,

I'm trying to add multi-queue support for a NIC on qemu, and I want to take a device which already support multi-queue as a reference. So I chose e1000e. However, after some basic setup, it seems that I only get one queue on e1000e. Here are some details.

This is my qemu argument: -netdev user,id=n1,ipv6=off -device e1000e,netdev=n1

I tried ethtool -l enp0s2, and got

Channel parameters for enp0s2:
Cannot get device channel parameters
: Operation not supported

And I tried ethtool -L enp0s2 combined 2, and got

Cannot get device channel parameters: Operation not supported

What should I do to get multi-queue work on e1000e?

Thanks in advance.
Zhang Zeren