qemu-nbd thinly-provisioned exported qcow2 disk get io error in guest vm

From: Liang Cong
Subject: qemu-nbd thinly-provisioned exported qcow2 disk get io error in guest vm.
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 11:19:38 +0800

Dear all,
I am facing an issue while using qemu-nbd thinly-provisioned exported qcow2 disk.
below is the steps:
1. qemu-img create -f qcow2 /tmp/img.qcow2 100M
2. qemu-nbd -f raw /tmp/img.qcow2
3. then I use it as a virtual disk in guest vm with xml like below:
<disk type='network' device='disk'>
<driver name='qemu' type='qcow2'/>
<source protocol='nbd'>
<host name='xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx' port='10809'/>
</source>
<target dev='sda' bus='scsi'/>
</disk>
4. when i start the guest and try to format it in the guest, I got the error:
blk_update_request: critical target error, dev sda, sector 204672 op 0x1:(WRITE) flags 0x800 phys_seg 16 prio class 0

but I tried with the disk image created with full allocated by command:
qemu-img create -f qcow2 /tmp/img.qcow2 100M -o preallocation=full
then there is no error, so I assume it is related to the thinly-provisioned feature.

I am using: qemu-kvm-6.1.0, libvirt-7.8.0 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux release 8.6 Beta

So can you kindly help to confirm whether the  thinly-provisioned cause the error?
and if so, are there any plan to fix or add new feature for it?

I am looking forward to your reply, thx.