Page Fault Handling in TCG mode

From: Arnabjyoti Kalita
Subject: Page Fault Handling in TCG mode
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2021 11:06:26 +0530

Hello all,

I am trying to understand how page faults happen when a guest is
executing in TCG mode. Specifically, how does TCG determine at which
instruction pointer did page fault happen? Which functions in the TCG
code flow get called when it detects that memory is not present in the
page table?

For context, I am using QEMU version 5.0.1 and am looking for page
fault handling mechanisms for the x86_64 architecture.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
Arnabjyoti Kalita