Recording virtual memory addresses made by the Guest

From: Arnabjyoti Kalita
Subject: Recording virtual memory addresses made by the Guest
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2021 16:58:09 +0530

Hello all,

I have a requirement to record all the load and store addresses that a
guest makes. I have determined that the load and store address
information can be determined from the below functions -

static inline uint64_t cpu_load_helper(CPUArchState *env, abi_ptr addr, ...);

and

static inline void QEMU_ALWAYS_INLINE cpu_store_helper(CPUArchState
*env, target_ulong addr, ...);

I have instrumented these functions and am recording the values of
"addr" in both cases. Am I instrumenting the correct functions?

For context, I am using QEMU version 5.0.1. The guest uses x86_64
architecture and is running Linux kernel 4.4.0.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
Arnabjyoti Kalita