Re: Network issue on VM Windows 11

From: Pascal
Subject: Re: Network issue on VM Windows 11
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 16:33:11 +0200

hi,

thank you for the link that helped me and allowed me to discover this project.

I managed to virtualize W$11 in TPM/SB mode as well as in "BIOS" mode (with the BypassTPMCheck and BypassSecureBootCheck register keys set to 1).
W$11 works perfectly for me in "BIOS" mode : in other words, the network card is fully functional.
I didn't go further with W$11 in TPM/SB mode, but I was able to start it, once the installation was done, with the SB disabled (file=./OVMF_CODE.fd) and without the TPM device.

here are the command lines used in both cases :

# TPM/SB mode
$ swtpm socket --ctrl type=unixio,path=./swtpm.sock --terminate --tpmstate dir=. --tpm2 &
$ qemu-system-x86_64 \
  `# acceleration` \
  -accel kvm \
  `# CPU / 4G memory` \
  -machine q35 \
  -cpu host \
  -smp cores=2 \
  -m 4096 \
  `# 720p` \
  -device VGA,edid=on,xres=1280,yres=720 \
  `# USB support` \
  -device qemu-xhci \
  -device usb-tablet \
  `# secure boot` \
  -global ICH9-LPC.disable_s3=1 \
  -drive if=pflash,format=raw,file=./OVMF_CODE.secboot.fd,readonly=on \
  -drive if=pflash,format=raw,file=./OVMF_VARS.fd \
  `# tpm2` \
  -chardev socket,id=chrtpm,path=./swtpm.sock \
  -tpmdev emulator,id=tpm0,chardev=chrtpm \
  -device tpm-tis,tpmdev=tpm0 \
  `# 64G hard drive` \
  -hda ./11.disk \
  -cdrom ./11.iso

# "BIOS" mode with HKLM LabConfig register keys
$ qemu-system-x86_64 \
  `# acceleration` \
  -accel kvm \
  `# CPU / 4G memory` \
  -machine q35 \
  -cpu host \
  -smp cores=2 \
  -m 4096 \
  `# 720p` \
  -device VGA,edid=on,xres=1280,yres=720 \
  `# USB support` \
  -device qemu-xhci \
  -device usb-tablet \
  `# 64G hard drive` \