How to realize multi-threading or multi-process for QOM

From: Hiroko Shimizu
Subject: How to realize multi-threading or multi-process for QOM
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 17:46:55 +0900

Hello,

I would like QOM to do QOM's process independently.

I make a memory device as QOM which execute some process according to the command specified by firmware, so MemoryRegionOps functions are called back when reading and writing.
I would like to make the process of the MemoryRegionOps functions independent because the real memory device do.

I think multi-threading or multi-process is useful for this problem. But, how do you realize multi-threadning? I use option "-accel tcg,thread=multi" for executing QEMU, but it didn't work.

Could you give me some information how to solve this issue?

Best regard,
Hiroko