Unpredictable performance degradation in QEMU KVMs

From: Parnell Springmeyer
Subject: Unpredictable performance degradation in QEMU KVMs
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2021 18:58:51 -0500

Hi, we use QEMU VMs for running our integration testing infrastructure and have run into a very difficult to debug problem: occasionally we will see a severe performance degradation in some of our QEMU VMs.

We've tried tuning our QEMU VMs (a long time ago) but we still have this issue. Is this something anyone has experience with and I'm just not finding it via Google? Or could someone recommend some troubleshooting steps?

--
Parnell Springmeyer