Starting raspi3 machine at EL2 or EL3

From: Rodolphe Lepigre
Subject: Starting raspi3 machine at EL2 or EL3
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2021 17:04:40 +0200

Dear QEMU users mailing list,

I have been spending a bit of time experimenting with the emulation
of a Raspberry Pi 3 computer using QEMU (version  6.1.0) by running
the following command.

$> qemu-system-aarch64 -M raspi3 -nographics -kernel kernel8.img

After booting the machine, the cores are running at exception level
1 (i.e., EL1), and I was not able to find a way to make it start at
EL2 (or EL3) instead. Is that at all possible? And if yes, how?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Rodolphe.
--
Rodolphe Lepigre <lepigre@mpi-sws.org>
Max Planck Institute for Software Systems, Saarbrücken, Germany