Re: Emulation of a configuation file

From: Sukreet pal
Subject: Re: Emulation of a configuation file
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2021 11:28:04 +0200

I can share the .config file. Is there a guide available which I can use to add a new machine in upstream QEMU ?

The configuration file is attached with this email.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Sukreet

On Wed, Aug 4, 2021 at 10:38 AM Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org> wrote:
On Wed, 4 Aug 2021 at 08:58, Sukreet pal <palsukreet@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi developers,
>
> I am new to qemu system emulation. I currently have a configuration file from a control unit which uses Infineon Tricore SAK-TC234LX 32F200 AB with ARM v7 processor.
>
> I am able to build the zImage with the config file but I am unable to boot it in qemu.
>
> Is there any way to build the machine configuration ? As the machine is not listed in qemu.

I don't know what your "configuration file" is, but no, QEMU
does not implement any kind of "automatically build a machine
based on some kind of data file". The only way to add a new
machine in upstream QEMU is to write C source to do it.