Timer Precision in QEMU

From: asif siddiqui
Subject: Timer Precision in QEMU
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 20:10:22 +0530

Hello All,

We are triggering software generated interrupts in qnx OS running on top of QEMU 5.2.0
While doing the profiling of the Interrupts getting triggered and received we could see that the timings are not matching with the one's configured.
The timer configured for 5ms shows the timing as 10ms consistently. When checked the same in target HW it works correctly and prints the timing as 5ms.

What can be the possible reasons for this issue. Do we need to add additional qemu command line option while booting OS ?

Regards
Asif Siddiqui