how to use smmuv3 for arm64?

From: ckim
Subject: how to use smmuv3 for arm64?
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 17:15:11 +0900

Hello, all

I found by adding “iommu=smmuv3” in the ‘virt’ machine option the smmuv3 is instantiated. Cool.

It looks like smmu is instantiated with PCIe bus. (maybe PCIe ATS is done by smmuv3..).

But if I want to use smmuv3 for a device attached in the platform, how should I use it?

I see in hw/arm/smmuv3.c, (version 5.1.0)

static void smmuv3_register_types(void)

{

    type_register(&smmuv3_type_info);

    type_register(&smmuv3_iommu_memory_region_info);

}

I couldn’t find any example code using “smmuv3_iommu_memory_region_info”.

Is it possible to set a memory region to use smmuv3?

Thanks for any help.

Chan Kim