Re: Blank screen for hello world qemu-4.2.0

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: Blank screen for hello world qemu-4.2.0
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 11:46:44 +0100

On Fri, 23 Jul 2021 at 11:41, abhijeet inamdar
<abhijeetinamdar3005@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What information does this give me and how do I need to sort it out?
>
> after running qemu-system-arm along with -d
> in_asm,int,exec,cpu,guest_errors,unimp in the end i get this:

Adding '-d nochain' and '-singlestep' will make the tracing a bit clearer.
Or you can use the gdbstub.

> Taking exception 4 [Data Abort]
> ...with CFSR.PRECISERR and BFAR 0x7ffffd0
> ...BusFault with BFSR.STKERR
> ...taking pending nonsecure exception 3

Your program has crashed early in its startup because it tried
to dereference an invalid address (0x7ffffd0). You need to
debug it to figure out where it got that address from.

> IN: HardFault_Handler
> 0x00000572:  e7fe       b        #0x572

Your program's handler for HardFault (the exception you get for
this data abort) is just "branch to self in a tight loop",
so the guest sits there doing nothing further.