RE: https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-discuss/2020-04/msg00113.

From: Justin Clancy
Subject: RE: https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-discuss/2020-04/msg00113.html
Date: Thu, 6 May 2021 11:07:25 +0000

Hi all,

I have had almost exactly the same problem as this guy.  Did anyone have a solution?  (I can’t find one).

I posted a request for help on qemu-stable, but it must have been the wrong place because I haven’t heard anything.  I show the output from the console here:

k,format=qcow2,file=hd.qcow2

OpenBIOS for Sparc64

Configuration device id QEMU version 1 machine id 0

kernel cmdline

CPUs: 1 x SUNW,UltraSPARC-IIi

UUID: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000

Welcome to OpenBIOS v1.1 built on Mar 16 2021 08:16

  Type 'help' for detailed information

Trying disk:a...

No valid state has been set by load or init-program

0 > boot cdrom:d -s Not a Linux kernel image

Not a bootable ELF image

Not a bootable a.out image

Loaded 7420 bytes

entry point is 0x4000

Evaluating FCode...

Evaluating FCode...

Ignoring failed claim for va 1000000 memsz af6d6!

Ignoring failed claim for va 1402000 memsz 4dcc8!

Ignoring failed claim for va 1800000 memsz 510c8!

SunOS Release 5.10 Version Generic_147147-26 64-bit

Copyright (c) 1983, 2013, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.

could not find debugger-vocabulary-hook>threads:interpret: exception -13 caught

interpret \ Copyright (c) 1995-1999 by Sun Microsystems, Inc.

\ All rights reserved.

\

\ ident "@(#)data64.fth 1.3     00/07/17 SMI"

hex

only forth also definitions

vocabulary kdbg-words

also kdbg-words definitions

defer p@

defer p!

['] x@ is p@

['] x! is p!

8 constant ptrsize

d# 32 constant nbitsminor

h# ffffffff constant maxmin

\

\ Copyright 2008 Sun Microsystems, Inc.  All rights reserved.

\ Use is subject to license terms.

\

\ #pragma ident "@(#)kdbg.fth   1.20    08/06/06 SMI"

h# 7ff constant v9bias

h# unix-tte:interpret: exception -13 caught

interpret ' unix-tte is va>tte-data failed with error ffffffffffffffed

WARNING: consconfig: cannot find driver for screen device /pci@1fe,0/pci@1,1/QEMU,VGA@2

Booting to milestone "milestone/single-user:default".

Configuring devices.

WARNING: Interrupt not seen after set_features

WARNING: Interrupt not seen after set_features

WARNING: Out of range register specification from device node <fdthree>

/platform/sun4u/kernel/drv/sparcv9/i8042: undefined symbol 'i_ddi_alloc_ispec'

WARNING: mod_load: cannot load module 'i8042'

WARNING: Interrupt not seen after set_features

WARNING: Interrupt not seen after set_features

WARNING: Out of range register specification from device node <fdthree>

/platform/sun4u/kernel/drv/sparcv9/i8042: undefined symbol 'i_ddi_alloc_ispec'

WARNING: mod_load: cannot load module 'i8042'

WARNING: Interrupt not seen after set_features

WARNING: Interrupt not seen after set_features

WARNING: Out of range register specification from device node <fdthree>

/platform/sun4u/kernel/drv/sparcv9/i8042: undefined symbol 'i_ddi_alloc_ispec'

WARNING: mod_load: cannot load module 'i8042'

Using RPC Bootparams for network configuration information.

Attempting to configure interface hme0...

WARNING: Power off requested from power button or SC, powering down the system!

Skipped interface hme0

Requesting System Maintenance Mode

SINGLE USER MODE

# WARNING: Failed to shut down the system!

As I said in my original email, I suspect that the problem arises from the power off request which blocks the keyboard even though the request appears to have failed.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Justin.

Legal Disclaimer: This e-mail communication (and any attachment/s) is confidential and contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.