Re: [EXT] Re: Bugs in SSH module

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [EXT] Re: Bugs in SSH module
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2021 10:25:58 +0000

On Wed, 27 Jan 2021 at 22:47, Berto Furth <bertofurth@sent.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure but I think I *could* be seeing the problem. In the configure
> log you're doing configure in the " ~/optee-qemu/qemu " directory
>
> sawyer@ubuntu:~/optee-qemu/qemu$ ./configure --disable-libssh
>
> But then in the make log you're doing make in a different directory called "
> ~/optee-qemu/build "
>
> sawyer@ubuntu:~/optee-qemu/build$ make > makelog.txt
>
> It was my understanding that you have to run both in the same directory
> otherwise the "make" might be using configuration files generated by a
> different "configure" statement.

With a 5.2-or-later QEMU (one using meson to build) then running
configure/make in the source tree actually creates a build directory
named "build" and uses that. But it's definitely clearer to explicitly
create a build directory and run configure from that directory:
the only supported thing is running both configure and make in
the same place.

> Can you try the following to clear out the "build" directory (or make a new
> build directory), run configure from the build directory and then run make
> from the same build directory? So for example...
>
> sawyer@ubuntu:~/optee-qemu/build$ rm -rf *
> sawyer@ubuntu:~/optee-qemu/build$ ../qemu/configure --disable-libssh
> sawyer@ubuntu:~/optee-qemu/build$ make

"completely clean everything out and rerun from the beginning"
seems like a good check to make, certainly.

thanks