Device Driver Install Timeout running Windows 10 in QEMU virtual machine

From: Weiss, Howard
Subject: Device Driver Install Timeout running Windows 10 in QEMU virtual machine
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 17:20:46 +0000

I am exploring writing a simulated device to debug a windows 10 device driver.  I have added my device to QEMU and it appears as a PCI device in the Device Manager in Windows.  I have also written a Windows 10 device driver.  I attempt to install the device driver.  The Plug and Play Service starts to install the driver but eventually times out and exits with the code cffffff – Device install failed for device.  Please advise