Re: uninstalling

From: Ken Moffat
Subject: Re: uninstalling
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2020 15:28:05 +0100

On Sat, Sep 12, 2020 at 10:18:49AM +0200, gunnar.wagner wrote:
> now when that is clarified .... can we suggest any solution?
>
> @Narcis Garcia ... can you tell us more about your the operating system
> your computer is running on? what may help us to suggest a possible
> solution.

Umm, it was Liz C who has the problem.

Sounds like a windows 64-bit file, so probably windows 10.

I see that Liz uses gmail, so not Cc'ing becasue my post will
probably end up marked as spam - with luck, sending via the lsit
might get through.

Google found

https://itsafety.net/report/20190802-77d29db5357775b675b0bbe7f4184b61-host-services-64-exe_process-partofthreat
 but that links to some tool for removing thins - probably
legitimate, but I have no idea and there is always the possibility
that it is itself compromised.

See also
https://www.file.net/process/host%20services%20x64.exe.html

which has a link to what is (I hope) the same anti-malware tool, and
to Security Test Manager which will apparently tell you what that
runing Host Services is actually doing.  Again, I have no idea if
that S T M is legitimate.

Oh, I suppose that for windows 10, trying to run a download will at
least tell you who signed it.

ĸen

--
I could not live without Champagne.  In victory I deserve it, in
defeat I need it.  -- Churchill