Re: [QEMU][ARM] Powering on remaining cores, bug?

From: Sebastian Mueller
Subject: Re: [QEMU][ARM] Powering on remaining cores, bug?
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 16:16:07 +0000 (UTC)

Hello,

I'm passing my guest image to QEMU with -kernel. As far as I understand it QEMU should perform the actions that a bit of firmware does on real hardware.

qemu-system-aarch64 -machine virt -cpu cortex-a57 -machine virtualization=on -machine secure=on -kernel aarch64.elf -display none -serial stdio -smp 2 -s -S

Without the bold marked part, i. e. only EL1 emulation, everything works fine.

Regards Sebastian

Am Freitag, 11. September 2020, 17:43:22 MESZ hat Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org> Folgendes geschrieben:

On Fri, 11 Sep 2020 at 15:31, Sebastian Mueller

<sebastian.mueller2@yahoo.com> wrote:
> In EL1 everything works fine. But if I also emulate EL2 (-machine
> virtualization=on) and EL3 (-machine secure=on) the core stays on
> the state halted and I get -2 (INVALID_PARAMETERS) as return value.

> Do you happen to have an idea what the problem might be? Is this a
> bug in the PSCI emulation? Or did I miss something? If required I
> can provide a minimal runnable sample.

You don't say what your QEMU command line is... are you passing
your guest image to QEMU with -kernel or with -bios or with something
else?

thanks