Re: Question about QEmu

From: Yutong Feng
Subject: Re: Question about QEmu
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2020 09:32:47 +0800

Thank you for the information!

On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 10:25 PM Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org> wrote:
On Thu, 20 Aug 2020 at 15:19, Vinayak Deshmukh <vinanurvi@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you for your help!
> However, I actually have followed this exact instruction and built an image for ls1046ardb and it turned out to be just for bootstrapping real board,not for QEMU simulation.

Check out the notes in the QEMU documentation about
choosing a board model:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.qemu.org_docs_master_system_target-2Darm.html-23choosing-2Da-2Dboard-2Dmodel&d=DwIBaQ&c=slrrB7dE8n7gBJbeO0g-IQ&r=XNSqakt0RWNdHfUgV-Rl7g&m=LPbir1tPVXiWFsVawzeXQDoOXTxGJMC6AMPgHbJMUbo&s=R2KYCckdEoNg11hkvldnfof1icJblJ5TIksxhELUcDE&e=

In particular, unless QEMU has a model of the particular hardware
board, then it won't be able to run an image built for that board.
So you need to build an image for a board type that QEMU does
simulate if you want to run on QEMU. QEMU (at least upstream QEMU)
doesn't have a model of the ls1046ardb, I'm afraid.

thanks