Debugging multi-threaded TCG for aarch64 emulation (stalled vCPU)

From: Jesus Sanchez-Palencia
Subject: Debugging multi-threaded TCG for aarch64 emulation (stalled vCPU)
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 12:10:10 -0700

Hi there,

I'm investigating an intermittent issue where one of the vCPUs is stalled during the MTCG main loop, so I'm sampling all vCPUs state to rootcause the issue.

Is there a way to print which instruction a TCG thread is currently emulating? I have access to all pointers to CPUState, TranslationBlock, etc. lookup_symbol() doesn't return anything and I'm not seeing any other obvious options.

I'd appreciate some guidance here.

Thanks.