Re: Running qemu guest in background

From: Supratim Sanyal
Subject: Re: Running qemu guest in background
Date: Sat, 16 May 2020 10:07:13 -0400

Use screen for text, xpra for graphical emulated machines - assuming FreeBSD / Linux host of course.

---
Supratim Sanyal, W1XMT
39.19151 N, 77.23432 W
QCOCAL::SANYAL via HECnet

On May 16, 2020, at 6:18 AM, Mahmood Naderan <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi

I want to start a qemu vm in the background. The guest is windows and When I use -nographic or -curses, it seems that the terminal which I run the qemu command won't get free.

I have installed anydesk on the guest and there is no need to see the qemu guest window at the moment. I also tried -daemonize where I can see the return to the terminal prompt, but the guest window is shown and when I close it, the guest vm is killed.

What should I do then?

Regards,
Mahmood