Using All Cores of CPU on Snapdragon Processor during x86-to-ARM User Sp

From: Vijay Daita
Subject: Using All Cores of CPU on Snapdragon Processor during x86-to-ARM User Space Emulation
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 15:11:32 -0400

Hello

It is my understanding that one would be unable to do x86-to-ARM user space emulation while utilizing all cores because of x86 barriers. I wanted to know if there is difference between what QEMU aims to do and using a interpreter of sorts to convert x86 instructions directly to ARM instructions so that when run on the system directly, the system can decide, itself, how to apportion the task. I am new to this, so sorry if this doesn't make very much sense.

Thank you