Qemu User Space Binaries and Entropy

From: Heather Eacmen
Subject: Qemu User Space Binaries and Entropy
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2020 02:14:32 -0400

Good day!

Long story short, I'm trying to figure out why my "qemu-mipsel" (version 3.1.1.1) is able to start up SSL for my webserver, when the "qemu-mipsel" (version 2.6 and 2.11) both require the /dev/random or /dev/urandom to be created/generated.

What is happening under the hood? I took a look at change logs between 2.11 and 3.1.1.1 - I could not ascertain what change could have allowed 3.1.1.1 to find entropy. I could have very well misinterpreted or misunderstood how things work.

Could you provide some insight for me please?

Thank you!!

Sincerely,
Heather
--